Teeth Whitening in Alhambra, CA
What is take-home whitening?
In contrast with professional teeth whitening sessions that are done in a clinical setting, take-home whitening systems are comprised of customized whitening trays that are molded to fit your mouth perfectly and allow the whitening solution to fill in the area around and between each tooth completely. Dr. Andrew Mutch recommends the use of these whitening systems for a more natural progression of the whitening process.
What can I expect from take-home teeth whitening kits?
The Nightwhite and Daywhite whitening gels are made from professional strength carbamide peroxide so you are sure to see the results quickly, typically just after two or three applications. To complete this home whitening system, the following steps are taken:
- The dentist takes actual impressions of the patient’s teeth on both the upper (maxillary) and lower (mandibular) arches
- The custom-made dental trays are then fabricated based on these impressions
- The shade of the patient’s teeth during the initial appointment will be recorded in a dental chart and used for comparison when the whitening process is completed
- The dentist will schedule an appointment to give the patient detailed instructions on how to use the kit at home
How do I use it?
To achieve optimum results, the patient will have to follow the dentist’s instructions.
- It is recommended to clean the teeth by brushing and flossing prior to the teeth whitening process
- Apply the tooth whitening gel directly onto the customized tray in the specified amount
- Place the trays directly over the tooth and bite down for ideal fit
- Keep the whitening tray in place for about an hour for Daywhite, and overnight for Nightwhite
- Avoid drinking, eating, or smoking when the trays are in place, and at least 30 minutes after taking them off
- Be consistent with follow-up appointments in order to keep track of the results and to determine whether the final desired shade has been obtained
What are the advantages of using take-home whitening?
Using take-home whitening systems that have been specifically put together for your individual requirement not only gives you the advantage of whiter teeth but includes the following as well:
- It has been shown to significantly lower tooth sensitivity during and after the whitening process
- Improves the overall health and strength of the enamel
Request an appointment, or contact the office of Dr. Andrew Mutch.